We handle disputes involving real property, including breach of contract, fraud, fiduciary duty, habitability issues, accountings, partition, boundaries, easements, quieting title, cancelling deeds, slander to title, non-payment of rent, termination of tenancies, and a host of legal and factual issues involved in the purchase and sale of real property, commercial leases, the landlord-tenant relationship and co-ownership of real property. We also represent clients in the construction industry. We have represented developers, subcontractors, and suppliers in disputes related to construction of residential and commercial property, including disputes concerning breach of contracts, liens, and defective construction, including under California’s Right to Repair Act.
- Represented co-owner of multiple apartment buildings in lawsuit involving failure to pay rental income, fraud in the transfer of an interest in the property, partition, quieting title, canceling deed, breach of fiduciary duty, and creating constructive trusts, among other claims and remedies.
- Defended general partner and co-tenant in multiple apartment buildings in lawsuit between partners and co-tenants alleging fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence. The case sought damages and rescission, reformation, accounting, partition, constructive trust, quiet title, equitable lien, unjust enrichment, declaratory relief, and involuntary dissolution of the partnership.
- Represented owner/landlord of dental office complex in dispute over interpretation of the terms of lease and commercial landlord-tenant dispute.
- Represented restaurant owner and restaurant as tenant in landlord-tenant dispute, including involving breach of lease, trespass, and nuisance issues.
- Represented owner of luxury home in landlord-tenant dispute including allegations of negligence, breach of contract, fraud, and breach of warranties of habitability and quiet possession.
- Represented hillside property owners in three-party boundary dispute, including issues involving easements, trespass, and nuisance.
- Represented landlord of multiple medical facilities in multi-million dollar breach of lease and landlord-tenant claims.
- Represented tenant/former owner in landlord-tenant dispute arising from the sale-leaseback of an office complex.
- Represented easement holder to enforce easement.
- Defended major national bank in wrongful foreclosure and slander of title case.
- Defended homebuilder/real estate developers in mechanics lien claims.
- Defended shopping center mall owner regarding mechanics lien claim.
- Represented multiple homeowners of single-family homes in construction defect lawsuit against national homebuilder.
- Defended grading contractor in construction of a large public works project.
- Defended real estate agent accused of breaching his fiduciary duty by representing multiple parties in the bulk purchase of $12,000,000 of REO properties.
- Represented a dual real estate agent accused of breaching fiduciary duty, fraud, negligence, and breach of contract in the sale/leaseback of a multi-million-dollar industrial property.
- Defended loan broker in claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Prepared and reviewed various real estate related transactional documents, including promissory notes, guarantees, security agreements, pledge agreements, deeds, deeds of trust, partnership agreements, corporate formation documents, limited liability operating agreements and amendments thereto, leases, purchase and sale agreements, limited use agreements, licenses, easements, borrower’s opinion letter, and real estate option agreement.