This includes litigation and advice regarding cases of harassment and wrongful termination based on an employee’s gender, religion, age, or disability, for example. This also involves violations and enforcement of non-compete agreements and non-solicitation agreements, such as when a former employee wrongfully solicits an employer’s customers or existing employees, or misappropriates an employer’s trade secrets or other confidential information. We also draft, negotiate, review and counsel clients regarding severance and employment contracts, for example.
- Obtained a $5,800,000 Judgment in a three-week jury trial for the plaintiff, a hair stylist and former recording artist, in a case involving sex discrimination, sexual harassment, stalking, defamation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Obtained $500,000 settlement in a lawsuit filed on behalf of a sales representative in a lawsuit alleging that a foreign manufacturer of liquid crystal displays refused to pay the sales representative’s “profit share”. Before the lawsuit was filed the sales representative had offered to accept $60,000 to settle the dispute.
- Represented former President and Board Member of a food distribution company in claims of discrimination and harassment, and for failing to pay wages and bonus.
- Obtained recovery for a stock broker alleging pregnancy discrimination and disability claims in a two-week NASD arbitration.
- Represented a former Corporate Secretary of a beauty school in claims involving termination of her employment.
- Represented a former employee in age discrimination claim against national bank.
- Represented cryptocurrency foundation in a claim against consultant alleging misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Defended claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of employee’s duty of loyalty, and breach of a non-compete agreement against former employees of national facility management company who formed a competing business while employed.
- Represented a major international software developer in an action relating to a former sales representative’s use of the company’s trade secrets.
- Represented a medical group in claims against a former physician who solicited the medical group’s employees and patients.
- Obtained preliminary injunction on behalf of a major software developer against a former senior employee and his new employer for misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of a non-compete agreement.
- Review/Prepare employee severance agreements, employment agreements and consultant agreements.