Law Office of Neil M. Sunkin, A Professional Corporation, provides businesses and individuals with the same high quality, superior skills, and experience that the largest corporations expect and receive from the nation’s largest law firms, but not at big firm prices. Unlike at a large law firm every legal matter is handled only by an attorney with nearly 30 years of experience; never by a junior attorney. We pride ourselves on service. Our clients receive personalized service; every client is important. We treat our client’s legal problems as our own. We understand that every client — large corporations, small businesses, and individuals — are sensitive to the cost of legal services, and our firm was created because we believe that all clients should have access to the highest quality of legal services for a cost that is manageable.
Neil Sunkin, a former Litigation Partner at the national law firm of Arter & Hadden and former Counsel at First Interstate Bank of California, formed Law Offices of Neil M. Sunkin in 2003 after practicing in the large law firm and corporate law environment for about 20 years. Neil Sunkin has been practicing law and focused on business litigation since 1985. Neil has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional abilities. Our clients have been often referred by attorneys in large, national law firms who wish to provide their clients with the same quality of representation that such firms offer, but at a lower cost on particular matters. We also have been engaged by other attorneys to represent them in litigation.
Our practice focuses on:
- Business and Commercial disputes. This includes such matters as contract disputes, sales disputes, collections, and a variety of business torts, statutory and common law claims, remedies, and issues, including fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, interference with contract, conversion, collections, commercial lease disputes, misappropriation of trade secrets, non-compete agreements, wrongful solicitation of employees, unfair competition and unfair business practices, anti-trust and restraints of trade, trademark and copyright infringement, trade libel, professional malpractice (such as accountant and appraisers), PACA (Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act) claims, securities and investment fraud, RICO, usury, indemnity, injunctions, specific performance, declaratory judgments, damages, accountings and constructive trusts.
- Corporate Litigation and Shareholders Rights and Disputes. This involves matters concerning corporate governance, liability of officers and directors, and internal disputes amongst shareholders, LLC members, and partners. We have handled matters involving “business divorces”, the removal and appointment of directors, stock transfers, inspections of books and records, accountings, and restricted stock. We also handle shareholder derivative claims.
- Banking and Financial Institutions. This includes matters concerning forged and counterfeit checks, the negotiation of checks, issues concerning indorsements on checks, banking operations, lender liability, and letters of credit.
- Creditor’s Rights. This includes collecting for non-payment of debt, suits on promissory notes, and pre-and post judgment collection, including fraudulent conveyances, enforcement of sister state and foreign country judgments, pre judgment writs of attachments, writs of possession, garnishments, and debtor exams. We represent creditors and debtors.
- Employment. This includes litigation and advice regarding cases of harassment, wrongful termination, wage and hour disputes, non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, and misappropriation of trade secrets. We also draft, negotiate, review and counsel clients regarding severance and employment contracts, for example.
- Real Estate litigation. This includes disputes regarding the purchase and sale of real property, commercial leases, title to real property, and easements. We represent clients in commercial landlord-tenant disputes. We also represent clients in the construction industry. We have represented developers, subcontractors, and suppliers in disputes arising out of the construction of residential and commercial property, including disputes concerning breach of contracts, liens, and defective construction, including under California’s Right to Repair Act.
- Defamation, Trade Libel, and Invasions of Privacy. This includes defamation, including libel and slander, trade libel, and invasion of privacy interests, including the misappropriation of one’s name and likeness for publicity in marketing and advertising (the Right of Publicity).
Call us at 818-876-9975.